Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby Belly Cake!

I know i SERIOUSLY need to do some catching up on this blog. I've been so busy lately, and this has kind of been neglected....So i'll add my most recent cake, and add on posts from there!

This baby shower cake was for my friends sister. They wanted a belly cake, which i wasn't worried about. However, they wanted it to have a western button up shirt. I had NEVER seen one like that before, nor could i find one. Everything was sleeveless........and collar-less........ So i had to wing it, once again!

This cake taught me a few lessons. First one being that it is IMPOSSIBLE to make fondant without powdered sugar (duh) and even more importantly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get powdered sugar in Downey Idaho at midnight. Just doesn't exist. Not even McCammon has it (Who woulda thunk it?). So stock up, unless you want to drive 50 miles in the middle of the night to get said sugar. Or get up at 6 am the next morning to do it like i did.

I also learned that i REALLY LOVE making belly cakes! They are so stinkin' cute to begin with, then to add the cowgirl flair that i obviously love just makes it perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment