Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cookies!!!

My friends bridal shower is Friday, so i figured i'd practice with sugar cookies and royal icing for the first time and bring some cute cookies. Well....i didn't know what i was getting myself into! As cute as these things are, they take FOREVER to make! Like seven hours! I guess it might have had something to do with the fact that i did 60 of them though....I learned a lot about royal icing though. Like, dont try to pipe it if it is the consistency of paste glue! It hurts your hand. And wait for the bubbles to all come to the surface after you thin it to flow in the colors, otherwise you get weird holes in your icing when they dry! Even though there were some lessons learned, i think they turned out pretty cute! Her colors really were fun to play with, and i was definitely digging the "cowboy" theme! My favorites? The dress and tux hearts!!! Also, stay tuned for her wedding cake! I'm doing that for her on the 28th, and it will be all the same colors!!









No comments:

Post a Comment